Friday, November 28, 2014

"Lightning Brain"

I've been getting a thing I've been calling "lightning brain"every so often when I'm feeling particularly overstimulated. It's like a mild headache with foreboding, uncomfortable itching pressure that permeates throughout my entire body. It doesn't last long in real time, but it feels like an eternity until it passes. I remember having them in classes in high school and college and having to excuse myself to dry heave and flip out in the bathroom for fifteen minutes. There are only a few people I know who have witnessed these fits, and I don't have very distinctive memories about having them. There's something about most of my emotional episodes that gets overridden in the memory department, leaving my past a swiss cheese of true recollection. I'm forced to fabricate a lot, and people are often surprised at what I've managed to forget. This makes me unreliable as a witness and a storyteller. But I'm great at faking it to a point and living in the moment comes naturally to me.


Haiku of the Day:
Second Thanksgiving
with all the classic fixings
Max Deliciousness!

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Heterodox" from MW's word of the day. It means unorthodox.)


Today's "365" Project (Make something that can support your weight. I put together a shelf that the Kuehns brought for us!)
"Elf on a Shelf!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive