Saturday, November 1, 2014

Crum(b/p)ling

Beginning the fifth month of this madness:

What flows from a life fraught with blanched fulfillment?

Whenever I roll my ankle I hear a crack,
a tiny bone-to-sinew snap that repeats
each complete circumference.
A flaw in the springs and gearwork
of my stunted ape protuberance.
Idly I click away
circle after circle,
feeling out the ticks
that lead step by step
to the end of my ankle,
the end of the leg and the end of
the conducting visage
that pleads on plodding
on and on.
To walk across splintering floorboards
creaking with weight and longing,
where the doorways proceed more doorways.
The ache in residence
groans wispy needlings
in the wrinkle space.
You see where the skin was rubbed?
The semi-translucent bulbs
blockading against a future uncertain forces
to protect all the little piggies.
Again, I wander off in mind
to the collapsing arches argument
and witness the demise
of all on which I stand.
The crumbling and crumpling
of laws and systems that
govern the solid.

Why is this not a bigger deal?



Haiku of the Day:
I dreamed of scaling
the cracked, weathered hull of the
Titanic last night


Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Simplistic" from MW's word of the day.)



Today's "365" Project (Make a fake ID for something. I made an ID badge for some fictional planet.)
"From my first trip to Telion!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive