Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Body Anomalies

-Last month, I found a small incision on the side of my ankle. It did not bleed, but instead opened up to a pastoral meadow in the countryside. Alas, I cannot fit through the small opening in myself that leads to the idyllic landscape, but I have flicked a few paperclips at passing sheep and rabbits. Once it rained and my foot was wet throughout the day. It is often bizarre to cope with the time change in my ankle, for my evenings are filled with the songs of morning birds and I often gaze into the night sky after lunch. I've tried looking into the hole in my ankle more thoroughly to get a sense of where it opens up on the meadow side, but in attempting to do so I ripped the hole a few centimeters larger. Now I do not touch it and keep it covered, for fear of being completely ripped open myself and transforming into a background. But if it does happen, if someday I trip and fall on the street and rip myself out of existence, I hope it occurs on a particularly ugly street so when people walk by, they'll get a touch of peaceful green among the grit and filth.

-The blister on my thumb deflates and crinkles like a plastic bag in the breeze. I think on fluid build-up under thin membranes and shudder. In the red heat of emergency, this yellow parachute billowed out of me. I blame oil and the conductive excitement of stainless steel.

Haiku of the Day:
I lap with coarse tongue
at the bone dry bowl of sleep.
Parched, I amble on

Today's Drawing and "365" Project (Do something with barcodes. At this point - wherever I can - I'm combining the drawing and the project unless something strikes me.)


Today's Runners

JOE COOK (Proxy for Susan Cook) See below!


TOTAL DAY'S MILES: 3.51

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive