Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Ring and Oats

I have this ring on my finger now. I twist it subconsciously...I'm not sure if I've seen people do it before and that's where it comes from, or if it's from the newness of the thing. I've never worn a ring before and it is jarring to see it on my hand whenever I catch a glimpse. It clicks on glasses and the poles on the train. People keep asking my what it's made of and I don't know. I just got a cheap one so it wouldn't be so bad when I inevitably lose it. I have a married friend who purposefully "beats up" his ring. I like that aesthetic but my ring is too shiny and resilient to do much damage at the moment. But in time, it will acquire many scratches and scuffs with time and with experience, much like the marriage. A symbol for strength but also inevitable weathering. The thing is certainly growing on me. If anything it's growing WITH me from now on.

Haiku of the Day:
Lunch of steel cut oats
those nutty little pellets
nourish the tissues

Today's Drawing and "365" Project (Make something inspired by amphibians.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive