Monday, May 25, 2015

Hey Baldy! (Also ONE MONTH LEFT!)


So I shaved my head yesterday. Or Emily did. I don't think it's been this short since I was in the third or fourth grade and my dad gave me buzz cuts in the backyard. I'm having trouble justifying the haircut to myself, as I have trouble justifying a lot of my behavior. The answer is always: "I felt like it," but I don't think this is an adequate response for most people especially when the decision seems big to them (some example decisions: moving to Montana with Emily, going on medication, doing theater, quitting theater, going off all therapy and medication, cutting myself, starting this insane project) I follow my gut a great deal because I trust it. But when explaining it to other people, I get scared with the answer: "I felt like it" so naturally, I lie. I lie a lot when it comes to intention. Because a) intention is the EASIEST thing to lie about and b) intention is everything when it comes to painting a narrative for someone, and if my intention is truly as basic as shooting from the hip, I think it messes with other people's narrative of me. THEY don't trust/understand my feelings/reasoning and assume there's some deeper reason. So sometimes I indulge them with a lie.

 So I've come up with all the lies I will tell people when they ask me why I shaved my head and posting them here, so when you see me and ask, you know I'm full of shit unless I say: "I felt like it."

Try to see of you can pinpoint how I want you to be perceived with each lie! (Some of these lies range from lies to close friends and family to complete strangers...which would explain how ridiculous some of them are.)

"I wanted to see the top of my head"
"It's my new summer haircut"
"I was trying to simplify, you know?"
"I'm doing it for a show"
"I wanted to feel closer to God"
"Emily got a new cut so I figured it was my turn"
"I'm joining the military"
"I just got sick of all the maintenance"
"I'm preparing for the last month of this project I'm working on"
"I need it for all my new wigs...because I'm a drag queen"
"We were three Bloody Mary's in and Emily had the razor out"

Haiku of the Day:
Our conversations
are deteriorating
into base drivel

Today's Drawing (inspired by the term "No Scratches" from a stone-cold sober conviction)



Today's "365" Project (Make a trophy. I made a ribbon with a secret. And that secret is...)
"It's Magnetic!"






Today's Runners

WILLIAM SCHULLER 1.9 miles. His first run in two years.


MOLLY KIMMERLING 3.42 miles (wowza!)

JOE COOK 3.24 miles "Slow pace, 83 and humid. Not my best running weather anymore." I feel you Joe...it's not mine either!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive