Sunday, May 31, 2015

Storywheel

Today I'm taking part in an experiment of a friend of mine, Noah Simes. Enamored with storytelling and a child of NPR, Noah is setting out to design a sort of performance based game or maybe game based performance that tasks five storytellers to tell fictional tales based on a wheel of prompts. The prompts aren't seen by the performers until the night of, and once the prompts are revealed, they have 40 minutes to come up with basic stories around each prompt. After the 40 minutes are up, the wheel is spun and the tellers have ten minutes to tell their story based on the prompt the wheel lands on. Terrifying right? We'll see how it goes...maybe I'll put in a recap of it for Monday.

UPDATE: I decided to update it here. It was excellent! I was about to throw up all the way up to the storytelling part, but it was worth it. I love that Noah thought up the whole thing and then was able to make it a reality so quickly! Few people have that sort of follow-through. I'm excited to see him put it up in a more public setting. Lots of great support and excitement was generated. We also got hella drunk after which was pretty fun but bad for Monday. 

Haiku of the Day:
Water bird perching
at the reservoir's center
wings stretched out to dry

Today's Drawing (inspired by the non-sense word "Yix")


Today's "365" Project (I just did this whole storytelling thing...is that not enough creative for one day!? I'm counting it as taking a boring thing and making it exciting...not that the event was boring, far from it. Here are my notes!)


Today's Runners

JOE COOK

"beat the rain, just sprinkles"

ERIN O'CONNER 3.26 miles - All smiles!


TOTAL DAY'S MILES: 8.70

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive