Sunday, December 14, 2014

1st Day of 12 Days of Christmas!

Yes, I understand historically the twelve days of Christmas begin on Christmas day and end on January 6th or The Feast of the Epiphany when folks where all like "Holy crap, this baby is GOD."
But Emily and I are celebrating it in the days leading up to Christmas cause it helps build to spirit and it breaks things up when we do Christmas with the families. So here's what I gave for day one:

"Meal Tokens'

And here's what Emily gave:
"Gym Bag!"

Now my hands were tied by some shipping difficulties I didn't anticipate, so I was working from a limited pool of options. I'm very grateful for my gift from Emily since I've been needing a workout bag for sometime now and her timing is perfect with the work week starting. I know it's not entirely fair to do this but I'm going to keep score because it's fun. Emily wins this round for thoughtfulness, timing and going with a bigger ticket item first. I get an honorable mention for long term effects and homemade.

12 Days of Xmas
Emily: 1
Michael: 0

Haiku of the Day:
Whole coffee spilt down
flight of stairs on route to show
Great shame, greater mess

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Nabob" from MW's word of the day. It's a person of great wealth or importance. Featured in "Friend like Me" from Disney's Aladdin. Look it up, nerds.)



Today's "365" Project (Make something miniature. I tried for 45 minutes to make a $2 bill into a little camera and this is what I got.)
"#OrigamiIsHard"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive