Monday, December 1, 2014

Writer's Crock

Journal:
Hard to believe it's already December and I've been living in Boston for over a year. Yikes. So much seems both far away and close at the same time. And then there's the time that's pretty tough to grasp onto in general. Phooey.

Free Write:
Coarse fibers hook and grind
red skin into berry pulp
and a feather mash blended to perfection
in a tight-lipped jar.

Skull squeeze pulses.
Rock the sag of stomaches
and nipples in poor posture.
There's some blood feud I'm unaware of.

Haiku of the Day:
Correspondences,
Please know I love you dearly
despite time's grievance.

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Penultimate" from MW's word of the day. It means next to last or right before the final thing.)



Today's "365" Project (Make a trap. I made a writer trap! It's a perfect place to sit down and really get some work done...until you sit down and try to actually get some work done. The blank page both beckons and vexs you. Where to begin? While you sit and deliberate, I'm just off screen, sneaking up with a butterfly net. You never even get the chance to put the pen to page. Now you're trapped in the filthy eaves of my attic apartment, tirelessly editing all of my horrible poetry. TRAPPED!)
"It's an old star wars meme/joke!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive