Thursday, December 11, 2014

Oven Mitts for Hands

There's a man on the train, spouting purposeful diatribes about Ferguson and race relations in America. He's so angry, so desperate for a sympathetic ear, quavering at the edge of too loud or tears. I resist the urge to give him a hug before I am a coward and afraid to ask.

I was stuck to the point of sobbing by a story about prison and forgiveness. I was walking from the living room to the kitchen and had to stop to shake it out and make that horrible cry grimace. Emotions are weird like that.



Haiku of the Day:
Open palms on glass
Pressing smudges on the pane
A gesture of peace

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Fremdsham" from my brother Ben. It's shame felt on someone else's behalf. "It's like the socially awkward cousin of schadenfreude." -Ben Chodos)


Today's "365" Project (Do something with an old calendar. I folded up an extra page from Emily's craft calendar and made a 3D calendar. OMG 3D!!)
"Wednesday is the central hinge"



1 comment:

  1. I am looking for some good blog sites for studying. I was searching over search engines and found your blog site.
    A fantastic read
    Great post to read

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive