Thursday, December 18, 2014

5th Day of 12 Days of Christmas!

It's my brother Ben's Birthday! We sent this to his work today:


There were jelly beans in the tin that were apparently consumed to quickly. I guffawed.

Now where was I? Oh yes...TO THE CHRISTMAS!

Day 5 and the competition is getting fierce. After the pens, The Kuehn has decided the gloves are coming off. She went all out today with a huge box that contained:



THE MOST BAD-ASS RUNNING JACKET EVER!

It's apparently meant for cyclists but it got great reviews for runners too. It's bright, lightweight and full of pockets.


And in response I whipped out...



AN UMBRELLA!

Boston is harsh on many things, but umbrellas take a particular beating. So I opted for a premium option. It opens AND closes with the click of a button. Em and I are high citizens of the world today. But who takes the point for this unprecedented showing of thoughtfulness and utility? That's a tough one. But I think Emily takes it today for color. The orange is the special extra topping on the splendid shirt cake. And I just got a black umbrella. Laaaaaame.

12 Days of Christmas!
Emily: 3
Michael: 2

Tune in tomorrow to see if Emily can sustain her lead!

Haiku of the Day:
Hanukkah party
latke smell from below us
yay jewish neighbors!

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Oxymoron" from MW's word of the day. It's a phrase or pair of words containing contradicting ideas.)


Today's "365" Project ( Make something inspired by a skull. I made a festive Christmastime wreath centerpiece!)
"Boughs of Folly"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive