Sunday, March 1, 2015

250!!!!!

Today marks my 250th day of posting here. To celebrate I've released a new
Games! section on the sidebar showing off the three "games" I've posted here.

I'm also including the email I'm sending out to the friends and family members, asking them to post in my absence during the wedding and subsequent honeymoon. If you're reading this and you didn't receive the e-mail and would like to guest blog, just comment below or contact me through other means and I'll do my best to get ahold of you to get your information, (for obvious reasons I won't post my e-mail address here.)

Hello family members, friends, and my arch nemesis (you know who you are),

As many of you know, I have been spending the past 250 days posting on a blog everyday. And as many of you also know, I'm getting married in April and will be honeymooning in Hawaii for two weeks after the wedding (April 11th - April 25th). As much as I would love to be able to post on the blog and relax on the beach, I'm afraid it would be too much for me and, by extension, my soon-to-be wife.

So I am reaching out to you, my most trusted and creative friends (and one horrible enemy who shall remain nameless,) to help me keep up the blog during my vacation time. Your mission, should you chose to accept it, is to do the following:

-Free write (this can be a sentence or a novella. Write whatever you want just please refrain from anything weird...I'm totally kidding, the weirder the better.) 
-Write a haiku (5 syllables, 7 syllables, 5 syllables)

Example:
This example shows
how dumb a haiku can be
if you do not try

-Draw a picture (On a white piece of printer paper, drawn in pen and inspired by a word or phrase. These rules are rigidly unflinching and if you submit anything else, you will be dead to me. Also kidding, but not really.)
-Complete a "365" project from my book of projects to do a day. (Will be assigned)
-Title the thing

Here is a link to the blog so you get a good sense of what I'm looking for:

http://flinchingforwardfast.blogspot.com/

You will be assigned a specific day and a specific project that corresponds with that day.

Unlike the way I (try to) do my daily projects, you will not be required to complete your post in a single day. I will simply ask that you complete and send me your post by two days before your assigned date. 

If you would like to do your post in a single day in the spirit of the project, please tell me so I can make special mention of your efforts.

If, after all this, you're still interested in being apart of my crazy little thing, please respond to this e-mail with a "HECK YES!" and I will assign you a day and a project to begin working on, in addition to more details in regards to submission.

Thank you all for being the beautiful, talented and wonderful people that you are, (except for you arch nemesis. You can rot in hell.) and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future!

Cherry Cordially,

Michael/Chodos/Professor LavaStorm



Haiku of the Day:
Feet stained by blue paint
give the impression of dead
cold flesh from frostbite

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Macaroni" from MW's word of the day. Apparently it not only means the pasta, but also a fop or a dandy.)



Today's "365" Project (Make a window somewhere. I made a "window" in the "break room" of our kitchen to hang mugs on!)
"Peg Board to the Outside"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive