Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Charms

I camped at Isle Royale a few times when I was younger. It's this beautiful island in northernmost Michigan that has one major port of entry and is entirely a national park. I loved those trips dearly and I cannot wait to be able to have the time and resources to go again.

Anyways, I had this terrible habit as a teenager, where I stole tiny trinkets from souvenir shops and Isle Royale was no different.  I lifted a 50 cent angel pendant from an outpost when I had a moment. But the next day, I was compelled to return to the shop and give the pendant back. I chickened out, but instead bought a second pendant and then "accidentally" left 50 more cents on the counter. Now I had two angel pendants, one pilfered and the other double paid for. I named them Gwen and Kira and held onto them as long as I could, as a reminder of the ebb and flow of reciprocity.

This comes up because I had to make a charm for my project today and carry it around. I instantly thought of those angel pendants and decided to make something inspired by them.

Haiku of the Day:
Swaying train bodies
expand and contract with the
deft of heart muscle

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Caretaker" from suds on fingertips.)



Today's "365" Project (Make a good luck charm and carry it with you all day.)
"Making Cents of Opposites"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive