Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Flits of Grandure

Snippets

-What needs to be said? There could be something spoken here. Bits of black and white, a light touch on a ragged cheek. Something sacred dislodged and dangling by vine and tendon.

-Sleepless hospital nights - No music - poisonous mulling - general ache and stomach discomforts - there's something I must be doing - Emily crying out for me from a nightmare and I've got the ear-buds in - Oblivious - Obsession over the beating of the heart - The chest pains roil and swell like sound in dreams -

-Shuddering, shallow breaths as I read about architecture. I have yet to find an author that can accurately transport me to a building. Perhaps it is my impatience, or a failure of imagination, but I rarely find common ground in descriptions of sconces and trim and windowpanes. I get the reader's glaze, the glossy teenage eyes that seek out open sky.

-To begin the day outside of the fog, to see with bright, clear eyes the world before the Vaseline sheen globs back onto the eyeglass is the drive of my passion. I am a cloudy soul with spotlets of bright sun dabbling the fields at midday. The lust for freedom from the haze, for some liberation front to bust the linger with heat and pressure belches out my fuzzy maw in droves.

Haiku of the Day:
Tiny pains on skin
irk and fetter my focus
to zero percent

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Panjandrum" from MW's word of the day. It's a powerful personage or a pretentious person based off a non-sense word created by an English playwright in 1755.)

Today's "365" Project (Carve out a piece of fruit or vegetable.)
"Gourdy Devious"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive