Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Marriage in a Month

-I have this impulse to talk about blood every time I see a blank page. Blood is the go to word I ignore 90% of the time. It is basic and universal and makes me shudder. I love the color of blood. I love that it can be both watery and sticky and is full of LIVING cells that fight and carry oxygen and clot. I cannot escape the blood impulse. And the more I push back, the more it shouts, eclipsing all else in its girth, it's importance. Such insistence blood has to be at the front of my brain, at the tip of my tongue. A mesh network of pulsing tubes just under the skin. Ewwwwwwwww. Stop it. Stop it. Stop it Blood. I'm done with you. Leave me be!

-*whispering back from the substance of all of me* "Never."

-Dick.

Week 37!

Stats:
Running Mileage: 633.79/1,000
Push-ups: 6,760/10,000
Sit-ups: 6,760/10,000
Pages Read: 6,586/10,000
Books Completed: 20/25
Words Written: 62,562/100,000

Fasts (Days without)
Internet: 71/100
TV: COMPLETE 100/100
Gaming: COMPLETE 191/100
Meat: 70/100
Junk: 70/100
Booze: 65/100

I'm at a weird point in this where I can see the finish line, but it's still REALLY far away so I don't feel the full pressure of the last mile yet. I think I'll be in freak-out mode once May rolls around and I'm looking at some hard sprints in fasts, writing, running and reading. We'll see. My running is the one I'm the most concerned about now, as it is my largest goal, my most time consuming goal and the one I care about the most. And then this knee issue bungled its way in (my fault) to put the fear in me. These updates could end up being a slow decent into accepting that my goal will not be met. But that still has yet to be seen. Perhaps a revision should be put into place? No. It hasn't come to that yet.

Made the TV goal this week!!

Writing has become my secondary concern, as one could probably tell from the more lengthy entries I've been posting. It's the same limitation I run into with running: time and the constraints of the mortal form. Some days I am just not in the mood to write at all. More than half of the time I abhor every sentence as it comes out. I get afraid of my terrible spelling, of how I often replace "to" with "the" and a variety of editing mistakes I don't have time to review. And as with the drawing, I get sick of creating the same stuff. My hard-core addiction to novelty shines bright on these endeavors and where that addiction is a significant driver to make new and interesting stuff, it just as often holds me back from honing into a consistent theme or area of expertise. I was hoping that forcing my hand into writing and drawing everyday I would discover a constant voice that has some meat to it. But nearly the opposite seems to have happened. My desire to make new and different has shifted to overdrive and it's consuming the process. Or perhaps i'm still too deep in the trenches to see the patterns and where I should focus my energies. This is the trouble of making this in the void. No feedback.

Haiku of the Day:
Wash the day troubles
away with a nice warm glass
of low grade sake

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Lucrative" from MW's word of the day. Profitable.)


Today's "365" Project (Make a Chess board)
"Kitchen Floor Showdown"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive