Monday, August 8, 2016

Ambivalence

Day Four for Imaginary Life Four, Poet:

A prenatal poem

(please forgive the tail, transparent skin and open skull)


An Ode to Ambivalence

Here's to the mixed feelings -
The standing at the crossroads with a map and scratched head -
To the fear of too many menu options
And hesitating when someone asks "What do you do?"
This is a tribute to my inability to say goodbye
without shoving both feet in my mouth.
An epode to PC or MAC, Red or White and Boxers or Briefs.
It's for the crippling anxiety that comes from free will.

You've made me a difficult partner
A flaky friend and a cowardly salesman.

But you also stayed my hand when it mattered most.

When the bold man, the confident man would have:

-taken the handful-
-slit the wrist-
-pulled the trigger-

My trembling ambivalence swayed the hand
with a torrent of ifs
and options
and the why why why?

Without you, my "But wait..."
I would have succumbed
to the One True Certainty
(besides taxes)

So thank you,
channel-surfer and whif-waffler,
you thin rigged edge of a quarter.
Thank you for making it all so foggy.
For doing that horrible thing you do best
when I needed it most.

Haiku of the Day:
Cesar Flickerman
Hunger Games host and icon
styled my hair today

Today's Drawing

Bogus - not genuine : counterfeit, sham

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive