Thursday, August 25, 2016

Drag On #3

Day Seven for Imaginary Life Nine, Drag Queen:


Closing night. Over as quick as it began. The lead girl bashes my big toe with her heel while on stage. It may be broken. Family's in the audience tonight. I hear the laughter and see the cell phone out, poised like some spiritual icon. It comforts me that they're not looking at me directly. Everyone is more drunk tonight. I haven't had anything. Not a thing I could ever do before a performance...though not for lack of wanting it. Maybe it would help? Bow bow bow. Picture Picture. I get a taste in my mouth and an ache at the back of my head. I remember why I stopped doing this. I've been reminded more and more lately. 

I just don't like performing.


Haiku of the Day:
A wandering heel
with the force of a grown man
impales my big toe
Today's Drawing

Notch

1 a : a V-shaped indentation
b : a slit made to serve as a record
c : a rounded indentation cut into the pages of a book on the edge opposite the spine
2 : a deep close pass : gap
3 : degree, step

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive