Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Neeeeeeeeeerd

Day Five for Imaginary Life Two, Board Game Designer:

Had our third game night tonight. I've created a spreadsheet with all the games I own with playing times and numbers of players so it's much easier to pick out a good game. I've also begun considering levels of difficulty/ease of pick-up for the games as well so you can integrate new folks into the mix. Last time I talked about  some meta-gaming aspects, where players get points/in-game advantages or penalties depending on their gaming behavior. I love the layering of this because then if you're losing the current first level game (the game on the board) you can at least do something to affect the meta game. This is currently a nebulous idea/cloud that I hope forms into something a touch more concrete. I'm constantly playing with vastly different groups of people and my goal is to optimize fun to the level where nobody even thinks of checking their phone. That's my moonshot. 

Haiku of the Day:
Wistful brown napkin
cast off by a pickup truck
crossing the train tracks

Today's Drawing

Dunnage

1 : loose materials used to support and protect cargo in a ship's hold; also : padding in a shipping container
2 : baggage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive