Saturday, August 27, 2016

Mad Dash

Day Five for Imaginary Life Eight, Playwright:

I did a 24-hour play-writing festival today. As an actor. It was exhausting. Luckily, I only had to participate in the final 12 hours or so and it just took up the entire day. I found out I'm sh*t at memorizing (something I knew already) and it's hard to create a any sense of character when you're trying to remember so much.

All in all the experience was very valuable but not something I would do again unless I knew the people I was working with. And even then...woof. I continue to have these experiences as a stage performer that make me feel like garbage. Part of the reason why "Actor" isn't one of the 10 Imaginary Lives.

After my final workshop in the fall, I won't be perusing it any further in Maryland. At least until I get all the other crap figured out.

Haiku of the Day:
The taste of dead air
draws my head down from the lights.
My resignation

Today's Drawing

Plinth

1 : the lowest part of the base of an architectural column
2 : a usually square block serving as a base; broadly : any of various bases or lower parts
3 : a course of stones forming a continuous foundation or base course

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive