Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Grievin' Keel

I know it's a cop out, but some of these busy days are hard to even begin the effort. Here's another image poem:

“Plummet” based on the image of a falling star
These are the days
I feel like Lucifer
hurled forth from the right hand
to boiling pits of thick tar
festering in searing ooze
wings caked in magma
the fallen star of God’s Grace
crushed by the pressure
of man in a swirling
metal core. Left to
contemplate the veins
that spider my eyelids
and where they went wrong.
I was the shining semblance.
I was brilliance incarnate.
I was airy light and a
dancer on cosmic radiation.
Now I am all solid,
an eyeless cavern slug,
feeling in the dark inch
by inch into the vastness.

Haiku of the Day:
Careening through clouds
the wide-eyed martians brace for
watery impact

Today's Drawing (done in silence in memory of a lost childhood hero)


Today's "365" Project (Make something with something you have many of)
"Clippy Way"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive