Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Resume

Today's project comes with a story!

So back in high school, I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I went on a series of medications and spent most of my time trying to figure out what on earth what going on with my feelings. I know that sounds pretty much like regular high school, but for me it involved more running out in the middle of class and punching stuff. There was talk of suicide, and I stared down that monster on a few occasions, but I had an amazing network of friends and family that pulled me from it. My project for today was to take something heavy and make it light, and in thinking about it I stumbled upon this laminated poem I've been keeping in my wallet since that crazy time in high school. The note was given to me by a few truly wonderful friends, and I think it stands on its own in being something heavy that is made light. But that would be kinda lame if I just posted a picture of this old poem I've been keeping in my wallet for nine years so....I made some modifications. I hope you enjoy it!

Today's "365" Project (Make something heavy into something light)
"Woe's Flight"

Haiku of the Day:
Couple walking slow
speaking Chinese, quick and short,
taking in the town

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Authorize" gleaned from a verb generator)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive