Thursday, June 9, 2016

Talkies

The sixth Imaginary Life on my list is Voice Actor. Why voice actor and not regular actor? Because I find acting in the conventional sense exhausting. I love moving. I love speaking. But put them together and I stumble. I feel like I'm trying to have a conversation with two people at the same time when I act. I can't give the movement and the voice the attention that either deserve. So I've cleaved the actor in two.

Additionally, I love the act itself. Reading aloud brings me joy. Listening to stories, either through radio or podcasting, has been a media staple of mine for years now. With this in mind, I'd like to do a few things toward this Life:

-Reading books aloud is something I've been doing for Emily before bed for a few years now. Let's make that a more regular thing.

-Workshop a few characters so I have a consistent handful I can pull from

-Voice/accent work either by class, book, or online.


The Lives so far:
1. Dancer
2. Board Game Designer
3. History Teacher
4. Poet
5. Carpenter
6. Voice Actor

Haiku of the Day:
Errant arm slip up
and the bowl of chips explodes
I stare - bewildered
Today's Drawing


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive