Thursday, June 30, 2016

Chamber Sweats

Tomorrow begins my first Challenge Month: The Month of Conditioning. The intention of this month is to instill a sense of discipline that can then be carried forward into the rest of the challenge months in addition to all the other aspects of the project. I'm not entering into this month "cold turkey"; I've been slowly ramping up my daily practice to ensure success. Here are the terms of the month:

1. Rise at dawn
2. Cold Showers
3. No Television, No Video/Phone Games, No Mindless web surfing
4. Daily Meditation

Day One for Imaginary Life Seven, Survivalist:

Looked up how to start a fire without matches. It looks surprisingly easy. I'm going to see if I can do it three different ways:

-Old School: Rubbing a stick on another stick.
-Nerd Style: With my own glasses
-Bow method: Rubbing the stick but with a bow instead of your hands

I also looked up some methods for water retrieval in the wild. This life will be two tiered: Research and then practical application. I might try to do some this weekend if possible!

Haiku of the Day:
Persistant neck sweat
trickles down the knobbly spine
a luge to my ass

Today's Drawing

Nadir

1 : the point of the celestial sphere that is directly opposite the zenith and vertically downward from the observer
2 : the lowest point


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive