Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A BEER, A BAR, A SNARL

(This blog post is brought to you by the charming Noah Simes, IRNE Award winning tongue and all.)

I'm writing this a little tipsy (tipsily?), as I've treated myself to a $13 bottle of Ommegang Tripel somethingorother—and at any of the bars I frequent, bartenders know me as the "Narraganset guy"; that's how cheap I am. (As I side note, I'm now agonizing about my placement of that semicolon in relationship to the quote mark. I think I made the most logical choice, though I suspect it may not be the prescriptively correct one. I'm going to have a similar experience when I end this sentence and put a period inside the parenthesis, but I'm slightly more confident about that.) My mental tradeoff was that I had to accomplish tasks that I much needed to do while I was getting drunk of this expensive beer. So here I am, accomplishing a task, though it's easily the most enjoyable and least stress-inducing task on my list. I have to memorize two monologues for an audition in 5 days, which induces a sort of paralysis in me. Though by the time you read this, my audition will be over, so that'll be a nice moment when we can all read this together and give a deep sigh of satisfaction at what's already in the past. Ah, that'll be lovely. I'm going to look forward to that. And you can just look…now to that, since you're reading it now.  

Haiku of the Day:
A hole in my pants
feels like a good metaphor
for my past three weeks

Today's Drawing (The word, from my friend Kevin, was "snarly." This man is snarling at a snarl of rope. Meta.)







Today's "365" Project (My project was to take something portable and make it unportable. I took a granola bar, the most portable of foods, and made it into a fancy dish at a sit-down restaurant.)
"Barre du jour"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive