Saturday, April 11, 2015

Married

Today I get married.

Here are our vows (Tym was one of our officiants):


Mike:
I promise to remind you how strong and intelligent and capable you are, as often as possible, especially when things feel flimsy and stupid and insurmountable.


Emily:
I promise to thank you every day for something you’ve done to make my day better. Because not a single day passes where you don’t do something amazing or thoughtful for me.


Mike:
I promise to follow you wherever you may go, whether it’s Mississippi (the worst of the US M-state collection) or even if you decide to be a scientist on one of those crazy Mars One missions. I’d gladly die of radiation poisoning millions of miles from earth if it means dying of radiation poisoning with you.


Emily:
I promise to support every single personal endeavor you decide to take on. Whether it’s running thousands of miles or starting a new career or whatever. I don’t care how crazy weird, or unusual it is, just as long as I get to be with you and come along for the ride!


Mike:
I promise to be honest with both my words and my actions, no matter how difficult, and to trust that you will be honest with me… unless we’re playing board games. In which case, you can count on nothing but my Machiavellian drive to destroy everything you hold dear.


Emily:
I promise to communicate with you. To keep you posted on my feelings, emotions, and opinions; and to hear about yours. I won’t judge or berate you, and will always offer love and support. Unless I’m really hungry or tired, in which case, I’m sorry, but I can’t make any promises about my behavior.  


Mike:
I promise to show up. I can’t guarantee I won’t be late, tired, grumpy, or incontinent, but I’ll be there. No matter the obstacle: rain or shine, or earthquake, or two hurricanes, or just spitballing here, the most snowfall a city has ever gotten on record, I’ll be there.


Emily:
I promise to slow down and be present with you; to focus on enjoying every moment with you. I might be distracted, cranky, or frustrated, but time with you always resolves those feelings. Whether we're together on an adventure, sitting at home on the couch, or even miles apart talking on the phone, I promise to appreciate that moment and enjoy every single second we have together.


Tym:
While your love for each other needs nothing earthly grow and flourish, you have chosen to wear rings as an outward symbol of your eternal dedication to each other.


Michael, please present this ring to Emily.


Mike:
With this ring, I vow to uphold all these promises, and any promises that come after them, as long as this earthly body has a thought and a pulse.


Tym: and Emily....


Emily:

With this ring, I vow to uphold all these promises, and anything else you need from me, for the rest of my life.

And that's it without posted the scriot for the whole thing.

Happy Happy Happy.

Also, so folks are aware, from this point forward the daily posts will be from various guest artists while I'm on my honeymoon. I've gotten to see a few already and I am floored by how BRILLIANT they are. I have some very talented friends.

Haiku of the Day:
I am elated
for Em and I to start this 
journey together

Today's Drawing (inspired by and drawn by my groomsman: Wales Christian, Will Chodos, Ben Chodos and Tymoteusz Kajstruta)



Today's "365" Project (Do something with a reflection. Ring Selfie!)
"Tie and Ring"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive