Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Out Into The Stormy World

Last day of work before wedding! WOOOO!

Unfortunately weather looks absolutely horrible for most of the people looking to fly in...Crazy severe storm warnings and tornadoes tearing up the midwest...I'm getting nervous. My options aren't super great as the most convenient one I've found so far is a 18 hour train ride from Boston to Detroit. Yikes. Trying not to think about it too much.

Emily already had a cancellation on her layover in Chicago. She's currently getting a train to Ann Arbor, getting her into town 8 hours later than expected. She's taking it in strides though. What a trooper.

Let's check in, shall we?

Week 41

Stats:
Running Mileage (ON HOLD DUE TO INJURY): 649.68/1,000
Push-ups: 7,575/10,000
Sit-ups: 7,575/10,000
Pages Read: 7,501/10,000
Books Completed: 23/25
Words Written: 73,148/100,000

Fasts (Days without)
Internet: 80/100
TV: COMPLETE 110/100
Gaming: COMPLETE 207/100
Meat: 80/100
Junk: 80/100
Booze: 74/100

This'll be the last update before things get all wonky with the honeymoon and all of my guest bloggers starting April 12th and going to April 27th. I imagine I'll pop in (textually) to the blog from time to time to update...who knows? I don't know what it's like to not worry about doing things for this space anymore so I have no idea how my body will react. Could be very interesting.

In workout news, I've been doing The Hero's Journey from that Darebee site and it's been going very well. I find the work-outs strenuous but doable, full of variety and actually fun. I'm currently going through it on the easiest level, which is still pretty tough, and going with their philosophy of "no rest days" where you always do some level of activity everyday just in varied intensities and focuses. I don't think I'd have been able to do this before starting the project, so keeping it up seems like it won't be too difficult unless time becomes a big issue. I tried doing a writing exercise with it, but that was the post that got deleted and it would be unfair to put more on the workout with the wedding/honeymoon so close.

Haiku of the Day:
Four hours of shut-eye
is certainly not enough
on my last work day

Today's Drawing (inspired by an authoritative otter skull)


Today's "365" Project (Do someone else's job for part of the day and do something inspired by that job. I pretended to be a voice actor for the day and recorded a reading.)
"Temperament Vessel"

https://soundcloud.com/edwardquasar/temperment-vessel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive