Monday, April 20, 2015

To the Vital

(This blog post is brought to you by the Kiki Samko, power goddess and fashion tour d'force. Give her a deserved round of applause for finishing her post in a single day!)

I like to run. To feel my feet hitting the ground step after step, pounding the ground. A reminder that I am drawn to the earth. That no matter how high my mind goes up and away from here, that my body knows where it belongs and will pull me back to the center. I like to run. To feel that energy connecting me to all the other things on this planet, drawing each of us to the same place, the same essential place where breath begins. To feel the fibers of my muscles propelling me forward and towards something but also ever-downwards, rooting me. To feel the atoms alive inside the body, but also everywhere without. I run and run and run. I breathe and breathe and breathe. 


Haiku of the Day:
Take me to the place
Where breath begins: that hollow
Notch at the soul’s base.

Today's Drawing:



Today's "365" Project (A project inspired by touch, using fellow beast Cam Cronin and a behanded figurine supplied to the cast of Betty Bam! by Molly Kimmerling. Drawing on the moment of God touching life into Man (in this case, Woman!) as depicted in Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel ceiling painting.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive