Friday, April 24, 2015

When licking the ice cream of your foe, don't be lured into sharing yours.

(This post is brought to you by the hurling dynamite dervish, Mike Kiley. Also for context Allie is his girlfriend. Thank you Mike!)

Ashey White Blonde Girl

Basically every single person in my life said not to get involved with her. Literally, about two dudes were like “Go for it. She'll be a good time”. Ever the adventurous type, I disregarded better judgment and paid for that first date.

I was more stimulated than I ever really anticipated I would be. I could see the appeal my seedy peers endorsed. Though she demanded so much of my time and my money and wasn't especially great on her own, she seemed to make everything better. This became increasingly true as she intruded as a domineering force on most of my life. In her absence, I became panicky and didn't quite know if I would be able to make the right decision or if I could trust myself to not be a miserable prick.

As time went on, it became harder and harder to conceal the relationship from my wiser relations. I began to rationalize that the self-destructive nature of our time together was some sort of bohemian romance. A suffering cycle that made life worth living. Reinforcing this lie took more and more work as she drained me of my confidence, finances, and esteem.

Leaving her was my decision, but it certainly hasn't been easy. It never has been. She always happens to be in just the right place at just the right time. This is the fifth time I've left. Its so familiar sensing that she makes other things better that I often seek her company if I am trying to live a bit realer. Whatever that means. The way it ends is I end up drained from bloodletting to keep her around.

I hate knowing what I love about her.

I can't forget.

This piece was composed in its entirety by Mike while Allie got ready for bed. Allie had an opportunity to modify it while Mike brushed his teeth. These time constraints were ambitious.

Haiku of the Day:
Nape of Nate's Neck:
Furry. Scented like Curry.
The candle smolders.

Today's Drawing



Today's "365" Project (Take an advertisement and do something to change it's message. Hold onto your hats for this one folks.)

Original

Modified

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive