Thursday, September 4, 2014

Covered in Bees

Tell-all Thursday

So I was going to do a post about ghosts and being scared in the middle of the night, but my draft got deleted for some stupid reason and I found out my father was in the ER for a minor stroke...and that sort-of took over my day. He's fine now, there was an occlusion in an artery and he's presenting little to no symptoms. Apparently it happened sometime last week when he was having headaches and balance issues. Crazy. He's stuck in the ER overnight now because he has to stay but he's not high priority enough to get a room with as full as they are...hospitals amiright? As my brother Ben said he's "rightfully annoyed" and I don't blame him. I just wish I could be there.

There's a traveler's remorse that sets in during moments like these...I'm jealous of the time my brothers get at home right now. I mean, it's a hard time to be living in Michigan at the moment but I sure do wish I was closer.

UPDATE: Turns out he managed to get a room and now Will and Caitlin are visiting. I'd go back and fix the old one but I like the progress report aspect, (and I don't feel like changing it.)

SECOND UPDATE: Spoke with him on the phone. Sounds like things are going fine, and he's just stuck there while they get to the root of the cause. Apparently he also had a heinous run in with some yellow jackets just a few days ago. Did the whole bee freak out dance and everything. It was good to hear his voice.

Haiku of the Day:
Pacing and waiting
That is the theme of today
Pacing and waiting

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Bivouac" from Merriam-Webster's word of the day.)




Today's "365" Project (Do something with the rocks outside your home)
"Dumb Rock Face"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive