Sunday, September 21, 2014

Tech, Fish and Turtles!

Sunday Sonnet

One day a saw a turtle in the road
Neck stretched, she seeked the pavement's dusty edge,
Her scaly legs strained forward from the load,
Her shell, her home, her life-long hardened pledge.
I came to stop a few feet from her path,
And exit out my green Ford Bonneville,
Sparing the crosser from my car's harsh wrath,
As just another smear of fresh road kill.
With careful hands I grabbed her by the shell,
And walked her over to the other side
Content, she scuttled off, and I could tell
I'd done my part to save the creature's hide.
But back en route I saw, to my dismay
the turtle crossing back the other way.



Haiku of the Day:
Painting and posters
Ladders up to the rigging
First day of tech week.

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Aphelion" meaning the point a celestial body is farthest away from the sun.)



Today's "365" Project (Do something with packing materials. I chose the packing paper we've used for the past two moves. I also used it for the paper mache heart a while back. Certainly on some underwater kick the past few days.)
"The 32nd Annual Paper Fish Conference"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive