Friday, September 12, 2014

Dyes and Scribbles

Friendly Friday

Went through and made a whole gallery of the drawings. I don't know what's more intimidating, the current stack of content or the fact that at the end of this project the stack will be four times as big. And we got internet today! As refreshing as it was the be without it, I'm glad it's back, mostly for the purposes of this project. I can scan and upload my pictures again!

And now it's time for Friendly Friday, where I talk about people I'm grateful for. And today's person is...well...oh dear god this is a hard prompt. I want to do justice to a description but I've only got a day in which to do it. To get to the meat of things, I'd have to do it in parts...or maybe vignettes?

I had a wonderful conversation with my old friend Tym from Baltimore. He was crucial in my proposal, not only in being supportive of my springing on our couples' weekend, but also getting champagne and coming up with the code word for him and his girlfriend Ellen to leave on. I hope he's alright with me telling this, but when I had to say goodbye, he wanted to take me to the roof of his building, but it was uncharacteristically locked. It was in the stairwell he told me of his plans for us, for Emily and Ellen. How we were supposed to grow into adults together and how we would be a part of each other’s weddings and raise children. I would have cried then, if a friend had not come up from the stairwell to join us. On our last day in the city we sat and smoked and watched This American Life, bathing in each other’s company, free of activity but present, hoping to preserve it somehow. That was a hard goodbye. But on the brighter side, one or both of them may officiate our wedding!


Haiku of the Day:
Electric tingle
pulsing the human chemtrail
on the skin's surface

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Between" from page 297 from Bill Bryson's compiled essays on science and the Royal Society called Seeing Further.  Kinda O'Keffed this one. That's what I get for furiously scribbling the whole time with my nose two inches from the paper.)



Today's "365" Project (Do something with dye. I repurposed the quilling mini-project and dabbed some food-coloring in it.)
"Splashy Summer Spirals"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive