Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Handyman

Stats:
Running Mileage: 211.35/1,000
Push-ups: 1,740/10,000
Sit-ups: 1,630/10,000
Pages Read: 2,833/10,000
Books Completed: 8/25
Words Written: 22,700/100,000

Fasts (Days without)
Internet: 23/100
TV: 35/100
Gaming: 86/100
Meat: 31/100
Junk: 20/100
Booze: 15/100

This is where I'm at, rounding quickly out of my first quarter of the year, (week 13 for all you kids counting at home.) Took a day off today to get my ducks in a row and get some rest. Show opens in two days so I've got some noticeable jitters, but I'm excited overall. The tough thing is going to be next week when we start folding in the children's show to the mix. And then it's only three more weekends of madness and I'll be able to breathe a bit.

I'm reaching that span of adulthood where I can't indulge like I used to (booze, sugar, fatty foods) without having to take time to recuperate...to the point where it's just not worth it to have the third drink, or second piece of cake, or, off the top of my head, a whole tray of biscuits. Much better to abstain and be healthy and cognizant. This is not a new revelation for anyone, as people have been aging since forever, but I have to keep reminding the lizard brain it no longer has a place at my table.

To sum up: I'm an addict with an appetite for garbage food and I have to alter that mindset ASAP if I want to continue excelling.

Haiku of the Day:
Replaced sink strainer
and reconstructed bed frame.
Father would be proud.

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "Chansanette" from Dictionary.com's word of the day. It means a little song and it's obviously French.)




Today's "365" Project (Do something with nails and or screws)
"Fastener Forest"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive