Thursday, September 11, 2014

Good Day Despite

Tell-all Thursday

It's hard to look at the date on this one and not think of the defining tragedy of the beginning of the century. I could devote a whole bit to where I was and how I think it has defined my identity and the identities of all Americans. But turns out, I don't have much to say on it:

- I was in algebra class when I heard and saw the second plane hit on TV.
- I had a close friend who always referred to her birthday as "August 42nd" in lieu of it all.
- I read Jonathan Safran Foer's Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close during my first ever trip to New York and that defined the whole experience for me. I recommend checking it out.

In less somber news, I'm planning on revamping the blog a bit by providing sections that have the drawings, projects and haikus each in their own galleries, so there's a more comprehensive way to browse through. I've been realizing this has been needing this for a while, but with all the new writing prompt stuff the post are getting bigger, and that makes it harder to get to the stuff you want to see. Emily's going to be out of town all next week so it'll be nice to work on it as a distraction.

Today's a relatively calm one. Seems like I haven't had nearly enough of them so I welcome this one like a old friend. Take the time to breathe it in and keep that keel even.

Traffic out the window like ocean waves.

Haiku of the Day:
Donuts in break room.
Had to be the day I choose
to not eat junk food.

Today's Drawing (inspired by the word "exacerbate" from MW's word of the day.)



Today's "365" Project (Walk down an alley and do something with what you find there...though be careful not to cut yourself! I went the extra mile and did my project in the alley by a bowling alley. ALLEY INCEPTION!)
"Broken Plate Man"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive